Thanks to our good friends at Western Digital, we’re taking the wraps off and setting up both the WD Sentinel DS5100 and DS6100 NAS units in the StorageCraft Alliance Partner Lab.
These sweet “Ultra-compact Storage Plus Server” units feature Xeon processors (dual core on the DS5100, quad core on the DS6100), dual nics, dual power supplies, up to 32 GB of RAM and Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials pre-installed.
We’re really looking forward to putting them through their paces including:
- Running ImageManager on them to perform backup image chain verification and consolidation
- Setting up intelligentFTP and ShadowStream (ImageManager features) for replication
- from Sentinel to Sentinel
- to StorageCraft Cloud Services
- Doing some quick recoveries on these bad boys with VirtualBoot
- Configuring HeadStart Restore jobs and spinning VMs up on Hyper-V
It’s a good day to be a geek in the Alliance Partner Lab!