Backup, disaster recovery solution built based on IT administrators’ feedback
IT administrators who use Linux servers now have access to a backup and disaster recovery solution from one of the industry’s most trusted names with today’s announced release of StorageCraft® ShadowProtect® SPX. The latest addition to the award-winning StorageCraft Recovery-Ability™ solution allows Linux users to reliably backup, protect, migrate, and most importantly, recover virtual and physical Linux servers.
SPX features, which were built based on feedback from StorageCraft partners, allow for quick and efficient sector-level backup of an entire Linux system, including the operating system, applications, settings, services and data. And if disaster occurs, IT administrators can recover their systems within minutes, allowing a business or organization to quickly regain access to their systems and data.
“Currently, IT professionals trust StorageCraft products for their backup and recovery needs in more than one million systems,” said Brandon Nordquist, StorageCraft’s vice president of product management. “Now, Linux users can have that same peace of mind knowing they can access the systems and data that are critical to their organizations’ everyday operations.”
SPX features include:
- The ability to mount a volume, restore a volume, verify a backup image, or use StorageCraft VirtualBoot™ technology to boot a backup image as a virtual machine — all directly from the image chain browser or the patented job timeline feature.
- A StorageCraft-built snapshot driver for Linux that ensures a solid backup every time.
- Customizable scheduling options for complete flexibility for a user to create a mixed schedule of full and incremental backup jobs on the days and times desired.
- A newly designed user interface that allows a user to easily view detailed information about Linux backup jobs.
- Support for Ubuntu 12.04, RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) 6, and CentOS 6.
Additional information about SPX is available at www.storagecraft.com/SPX. Information is also available by contacting the StorageCraft team in North America at firstname.lastname@example.org and globally at email@example.com.
Throughout the years, StorageCraft products have been recognized by analysts, partners and end customers for their speed and reliability. In March, the company received its third-consecutive 5-Star rating in the CRN Partner Program Guide, an annual directory that is the definitive listing of technology vendors that service solution providers or provide products through the IT channel. In January, StorageCraft earned the Best Channel Vendor award in the Business Continuity and Backup and Disaster Recovery category from Business Solutions magazine readers.